Company name:Regional Top 20 Tier 1 Building Contractor
Job Role:Senior Site Manager
Salary:£48,000 - £60,000 Basic Salary + Package
Senior Site Manager job in Cardiff
Are you a Senior Site Manager in Cardiff looking for a new exciting position?
Want to work for a Top 20 Tier 1 Contractor on some of the most high profile projects in the region?
Then we want to hear from you! Our client is a top 20 Tier 1 Contractor working throughout Wales and the West. Due to continued growth they are now seeking a Senior Site Manager to join their operational team.
Our client is a national building contractor with a regional office in the South-West, their workload spans across Wales and the West and they are notorious for working on the highest most technically challenging projects for extremely high profile clientele. Projects within this contractors portfolio include sectors such as Accommodation, Defence, Leisure, Education, Healthcare, Commercial and Retail from £5-£100m.
Our client is looking for a strong Senior Site Manager to work alongside a Project Director and team on a large £30-50m new build Student Accommodation project in Cardiff.
Due to the size of the project, this position could also suit someone who’s currently working as an SSM but ready to step into a Project Management role in the near future. As a key member of the team you will be a vital in achieving progressive project completion to quality and specification and on budget.
- To direct the necessary labour, plant, staff and equipment to achieve both plot and project completion on time, to specification and within budget.
- Monitor that the Buying team and Surveying department order the correct materials and sub-contract services in good time to meet contract objectives.
- Manage site teams by monitoring performance against contract targets and instigating any necessary corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with Group Safety Policy and Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure that staff and operatives are managed and led effectively by developing the skills and attitudes of managers leading to provision of a working environment that engenders high morale.
- Train and develop subordinates to meet current and assessed future requirements.
- 100% compliance with current NHBC standards.
- Achieve 75% overall satisfaction levels on the completed Customer satisfaction survey questionnaire.
- Establish that staff training and development has occurred as plan at annual appraisal and appraisal review stages.
- Achieve maximum marks on the twice monthly Health and Safety audit.
- Applicants must have significant experience of working on design and build projects, for a main contractor, as well as in the management of H&S, and the design and procurement processes.
- Applicants must have experience of managing all aspects of the build process; the applicant will be required to coordinate the packages from the design and procurement phase through to installation on site and handover.
- Trade experience and site experience preferable
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety obligations and building legislation
- CSCS Card at Site Manager level
- Valid SMSTS certificate
- Valid First Aid at Work certificate
- NVQ Level 3-4, BTEC diploma in Building Construction or similar
- Valid Scaffold Appreciation certificate
- Valid LOLER certificate
- Qualified to the required CIOB Grade applicable at the time in accordance with Group policy
- Applicants must be computer literate, especially in MS Word, and it would be desirable to have a good working knowledge of MS Excel, Asta Teamplan or Power Project
Whats on Offer
Our client can offer the successful person the opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges. They also offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
With an ambitious strategy, they’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, our client is the right place for you.
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact us on 0117 325 2233 for more information.
Kingston Barnes are a construction recruitment agency. Our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a Senior Site Management job in Cardiff, or another position as a Site Manager, Project Manager, Contracts Manager or Construction Manager please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 0117 325 2233.