Company name:High Profile Contractor
Job Role:Senior Quantity Surveyor
Region:Lechlade, United Kingdom
Are you looking for a NEW position as a Senior Quantity Surveyor with a High Spec Contractor?
Why simply dream of living differently? With my client there are no compromises. Everything they do is about improving lives by creating extraordinary living spaces. Approximately ten years ago, one of the world’s most renowned designers and an international property entrepreneur, came together with a ground-breaking concept. They set out to create a world-class design and development business that could focus the singular visions of the world’s leading designers. Today they do just that, drawing on the talents of celebrity interior designers and Project Managers amongst others.
Due to an increase in build contracts they are looking to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor on a permanent basis at their Gloucestershire office for their high profile schemes.
As Senior Quantity Surveyor you will have full responsibility for a team of Surveyors whose roles are to control all aspects of costs and monitor all commercial aspects of a development, from budget to pre-tender enquires through to Subcontractor Final Accounts.
- Assist Quantity Surveyor in preparation of subcontract enquiry list for approval by Project Manager and Project Director.
- Prepare budgets for the pre-tendering process for QS.
- Analyse groundwork’s tenders with QS.
- Ensure that QS are achieving the full potential of the tenders.
- Vet all subcontract orders with QS prior to authorising orders.
- Authorise subcontract orders.
- Input into the preparation of Bills of Quantities for non-standard designs
- Create price sets to enable QS’s to make payments.
- Check payments with QS prior to authorisation.
- Create house bills from price sets going through with QS.
- Prepare and evaluate site works budgets.
- Prepare full site budget and present to the Project Manager/Project Director
- Assemble draft budget estimate for review with the Project Manager/Project Director.
- Ensure QS’s meet pre-valuation deadlines.
- Agree with QS timetable to complete valuations and monitor progress throughout the agreed valuation period.
- Analyse and investigate valuations presented by the QS.
- Prepare summary of monthly valuation results and go through the Project Manager/Project Director.
- Prepare quarterly preliminary updates for the developments.
- Prepare site progress accumulative figures for Finance Team.
- Prepare contract performance reports for Project Director and go through results.
- Attend weekly Construction meeting and report on any issues that may arise.
- Liaise with Project Manager/Site Manager with regards to any preliminary issues or any re-occurring subcontractor problems.
- Visit sites with both QS and Project Manager’s and establish ‘their problems’ and provide assistance and support to site staff. Attend weekly site meetings and present the Commercial report with QS.
This position would suit an intermediate level candidate looking to take a step up into a senior role, my client are extremely passionate about their product so a keen eye for quality and detail is a must.