Company name:International High Tech Building Contractor
Job Role:Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary:£45,000 - £55,000 Basic Salary + Car Allowance + Excellent Package
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Job in Wiltshire – Building Services – High Tech National Building Contractor
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer looking to work for one of the UK’s leading Building Contractor’s on the most technically challenging construction projects in the country?
Does the idea of working on £100m to £250m new build projects in a variety of specialist sectors excite you?
Then get in touch! Kingston Barnes has been retained to recruit the UK’s leading construction talent and appoint a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for a highly innovative construction global organisation. Our client specialises in high tech builds, across the Nuclear, Life Science and Waste to Energy sectors.
They are looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join them on a permanent basis at their head office in Chippenham with an emphasis on Building Services and HVAC experience.
As the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for different aspects of the mechanical design process depending on the type of contract awarded to the company and the size of the project.
The list below represents the most common duties that you will be asked to take responsibility for:-
To contribute to co-operative working across disciplines in accordance with the company’s procedures, and contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams.
- To contribute to ensuring that effective internal/external working relationships are established and maintained with clients, sub-contractors and specialist suppliers.
- To contribute to ensuring that confidentiality is observed and maintained when dealing with private/confidential correspondence, reports, statements, records, other documents and information.
- Comply with all approved company procedures including compliance with current health & safety legislation.
- Contribute to the preparation of health and safety method statements and risk assessments as required by the project to meet current legislation.
- Carry out site surveys to identify the client’s needs and requirements making recommendations as necessary.
- Produce and develop designs for mechanical services at various stages of a project from concept to handover. Ensure that designs meet user requirements, cost limits and time scales.
- Lead and manage internal and external mechanical designers in the production of bids, tenders and full detailed design from concept to handover. Ensure that designs meet user requirements, cost limits and time scales.
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on the quality of mechanical designs produced by the internal or external mechanical design team.
- Prepare estimates for the implementation of mechanical services.
- Produce tender enquiry documents in respect of contracts for the provision of mechanical services.
- Assist the commercial managers in evaluating tender returns as may be required.
- Engineering or Science degree qualified preferred in HND/HNC or equivalent.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative.
- Computer literate.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate well at all levels and able to control certain financial aspects of contracts and/or projects.
- Experience in the planning, organising and control of sub-contractors, be able to provide services to agreed standards, time scales and budgets.
In return our client is offering a £45-55k salary (depending on experience) + £350 per month car allowance + Fuel Card (private and business miles) + private healthcare.
If this opportunity is arriving at a timely manner and you were thinking of a new challenge this year and/or salary increase, then we are keen to hear from you.
Kingston Barnes are a construction recruitment agency. Our deep rooted knowledge of the industry means we have insight into which companies will enable you to achieve your career ambitions. We recruit for a number of developers, contractors & consultancies. If you are looking for a new position as an Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, HVAC Engineer, Building Services Engineer or Senior Engineer please contact our experienced consultants to discuss your career aspirations on 0117 325 2233.