Company name:Specialist Subcontractor
Job Role:Project Manager
Region:Bristol, United Kingdom
Sector:Building ContractingRefurbishment / Fit Out Contractor
Salary:£Competitive + Package
My client is a leading specialist door supplier in the UK with a focus on reliability and integrity. As a second generation family partnership and a respected manufacturer and installer of roller shutters, sliding security grilles, industrial doors, fire shutters, automatic doors, gates & barriers. They take pride in all stages of their work from the design of a door system to the fitting and commissioning, ensuring that the same high standards are maintained throughout.
Their consistency in workmanship and reliability of on time attendance has made them the preferred supplier for many of the UK’s emergency services including Fire Service, NHS, Police & Coast Guard. They export worldwide and have installed in many regions of the world and trained local contractors in the installation and maintenance of door systems.
Due to a successful expansion plan they are looking to recruit a Project Manager to supervise and oversee new key clients:
- To assist architects and main contractors in the correct specification of products
- Surveying, planning and managing commercial door installation projects valued between £10k – £300k
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Provide clients with good technical advice and support across the entire product portfolio
- Have a good understanding of associated construction trades and be able to adapt engineering design when required.
- Have a legal understanding and capability to work within JCT forms of contract
- Attend existing clients pre contract meetings
- Have confidence in delivering deadlines
- Provide pre and post project cost analysis
- Develop and maintain client relationships
This is a key role within the company and essentially they are looking for a Project Manager to be the eyes and ears to the Directors, it is important that you have experience overseeing the programme life cycle and are competent in checking work and reporting back any variations. Experience in the door/shutter industry is not essential but you must be a proven project manager with experience in construction. My clients project base is within a 70 mile radius of Bristol so it is essential that you have a driving license as you will make site visits on a regular basis.
Desired qualifications include SMSTS, IOSH, CSCS, First Aid at Work and proficient in the use of I.T
This is a full time permanent position to start immediately. Competitive salary & Package